Last Updated: 1/27/2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We do not sell dental products or provide services directly to consumers or patients. Accordingly, our Site and Services are intended for dental providers and our business contacts.
Our information practices depend on how you interact with our Services and which webpages you visit. In addition to visitors to our Website, this Policy applies to our business customers who are California residents and representatives, employees, or contact persons of our current, prospective, or former business customers, business partners, service providers, or contractors which include but are not limited to dental providers.
Except as otherwise noted below, this Policy applies to the Personal Information that Company collects related to:
- Visitors of our website where this Policy is posted (the “Site”), individuals who download and use our mobile application or any other software or applications we provide, and individuals who otherwise interact or engage with us or the services available through our website, mobile application, or other downloadable content;
- Individuals who subscribe to receive news, information, and marketing communications and materials from us;
- Individuals who register for or participate in our webinars and other events, surveys, and research conducted by us;
- Current, former and prospective customers, agents, vendors, and business partners; and
- Individuals who communicate with us or otherwise engage with us related to our Services.
For purposes of this Policy, Personal Information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
Additional Notices. Depending on how you interact or engage with us, we may provide you with other privacy notices with additional details about our privacy practices. For example, this Policy does not apply to job applicants and candidates who apply for employment with us, or to employees in the context of our working relationship with them. This Policy also does not apply to the extent we process personal information, as a service provider or processor, on behalf of our business clients. Our processing of business clients’ personal information is subject to the terms of our contracts with each business client, who is the business or controller of such personal information that we process on their behalf. Additionally, protected health information, as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, that we collect, receive, or otherwise maintain about you as a business associate to a covered entity will be covered by the covered entity’s Notice of Privacy Practices and our business associate agreement with that covered entity.
As further described below, we may collect personal information directly from you, automatically through your use of the Services, and from other, third-party sources.
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You. While the personal information we collect varies depending upon your use of our Services and our interactions with you, in general, we may collect the following Personal Information directly from you or the business you represent:
- Contact Information. When you contact us, including if sign up to learn more about our Services, request a demo, or otherwise contact us, we collect your name, email address, phone number, the nature of your inquiry, and any other information you so choose to provide. We may also collect information related to your job title, company name, business email, and business phone number.
- Account Information. When you register for an account with us, we collect your name, email address, password, and any other information used in connection with accessing your account.
- Purchases and Payments. If you make purchases through our Services, we collect payment information such as name, payment card details, billing address, payment type, as well as credit card number or other payment account details.
- Communications and Interactions. When you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us and with members of our team, we collect and maintain a record of your contact details, communications, and our responses. If you speak with us by phone, we may collect call recordings for quality assurance and training purposes.
- Responses and Feedback. If you participate in our surveys or questionnaires, we collect your responses and feedback, such as user satisfaction or other information related to your use of our Services, and any other information you so choose to provide.
- Marketing and Promotions. If you agree to receive marketing communications from us, we collect your email, name, phone number, preferences, and if relevant, information about your account and the Services and features you use. If you participate in promotions we offer, we collect your name and other information related to the activities available through our Services.
- We also may collect information about your preferences, including communications preferences, preferences related to your use of Services, and any other preferences or requests you provide when interacting with us.
- Business Relationship Data. Information about products, treatments, and health conditions that are of interest to you. We collect this information from you automatically when you browse our Website and place orders. We also may collect this information from you directly if you contact us about our Services.
- Device and Browsing Information. We collect information such as IP address, unique ID, device type, general location information such as region, which may be derived from your IP address, browser type, browser language, domain names, access times, date/time stamps, operating system, scrolling activity, Internet service provider and other similar device and browsing information.
- Activities and Usage. We also collect activity information such as information related to how you interact with the Services, including as page views, links and items clicked, features used, time spent within the Services, and other activity and usage information.
- Location Information. If you choose to enable location-based sharing with us through your device settings, we may collect precise location information, such as GPS coordinates, to provide content that is more relevant to your location and to otherwise improve your interactions with our Services.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources. In addition, we may collect and receive certain personal information from business partners, social media sites, clients and customers, data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, government entities, public databases, and vendors and service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may collect your name, contact information, and certain transaction details from our business partners, and vendors and service providers.
We may use and disclose Personal Information collected from you for the following purposes:
- Services and Support. To allow you to maintain your account with us, provide and operate our Services, communicate with you about your use of the Services, provide troubleshooting and technical support, respond to your inquiries, communicate with you about the Services, and to otherwise run our day-to-day operations.
- Analytics and Improvement. To better understand how users access and use the Services and our product and service offerings, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, to develop our Services and its features, and for internal quality control and training purposes.
- Communicate With You. To respond to your inquiries, send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our Services and offerings, and to communicate with you through text regarding your order and our Services. We also use this information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, to send you information about our Services, such as newsletters and other marketing content, including information about new offerings, as well as any other information that you sign up to receive.
- Research and Surveys. To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- Compliance and Legal Process. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
- Auditing, Reporting, and Other Internal Operations. To conduct financial, tax and accounting audits; audits and assessments of our operations, privacy, security and financial controls, risk, and compliance with legal obligations; our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions, and to maintain appropriate business records and enforce company policies and procedures.
- General Business and Operational Support. To assess and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other business transactions such as financings, and to administer our business, accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
- Affiliates and Business Partners. We may disclose the personal information we collect to our corporate affiliates. Our affiliates include:
- James R. Glidewell Dental Ceramics, Inc. DBA: Riverside Dental Ceramics, BDL Prosthetics, Endsnore, Getmysmile.
- Dentalium Dental Ceramics, Inc. DBA: Smith-Sterling Dental Laboratories, DigiTech Dental Restorations.
- Crown World, Inc. DBA: HubRx Dental Laboratory.
- Prismatik Dentalcraft, Inc. DBA: Bioceramic Restorative Materials, Inclusive Dental Solutions, Hahn Implant System, TS150e.
- New West Dental Ceramics, Inc.
- Las Vegas Digital Dental Solutions, LLC.
- CloudPoint Ventures, Inc. DBA: HyperScan CT, CloudPoint Ventures Manufacturing.
We also partner with other businesses to offer our products and Services, and we may disclose Personal Information to those business partners.
- Vendors and Services Providers. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect to vendors and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as IT and website hosting, marketing and marketing research providers, customer support, data storage, payment processing providers, data analytics providers, auditors, consultants and legal counsel.
- Customers and Clients. In some circumstances, we may disclose the Personal Information we collect to our customers and clients to administer our Services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To Operate Our Business. We may disclose Personal Information to our business partners, affiliates, service providers, and other vendors in order to operate our business and provide our Services.
- In Support of Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may disclose or transfer the Personal Information we have collected from you with or to the other company. We may also disclose certain Personal Information as necessary prior to the completion of such a transaction or other corporate transaction such as a financing or restructuring, to lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Compliance and Legal Obligations. To comply with our legal and compliance obligations and to respond to the legal process. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other lawful requests by regulators and law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
- Aggregate and Deidentified Information. Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, we may use, disclose, and otherwise process aggregate and deidentified information related to our business and the Services with third parties for quality control, analytics, research, development, and other purposes.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information in other ways not described above that we notify you of or that we obtain your consent for.
- Affiliates and Business Partners. We may disclose the personal information we collect to our corporate affiliates. Our affiliates include:
Cookies. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers we transfer to your device’s hard drive for tracking purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Service, while others are used to enable and optimize certain Service functions, support the security and performance of the Service, or allow us to track activity and usage data within our Service.
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (sometime called web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. While cookies are stored locally on your device, pixel tags are embedded invisibly within web pages and online content. We may use these, in connection with our Service to, among other things, track the activities of users, and help us manage content and compile usage statistics. We may also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can track response rates and gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
We allow you to manage your preferences and privacy choices, as described below:
- Cookie Settings. To prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set; you can also delete cookies. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse the website, but some features may not function.
- Industry Solutions for Opting Out of Interest-based Advertising. Notwithstanding the above, you may follow the steps provided by initiatives that educate users on how to set tracking preferences for most online advertising tools. These resources include the Network Advertising Initiative (https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/). The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers an application called AppChoices (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices) that helps users to control interest-based advertising on mobile apps.
- Marketing Communications. You may consent or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information for marketing at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe included in each marketing-related email sent to you. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you administrative messages relevant to any specific services you may have signed up for.
- Google Analytics. You can download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our Services are intended for users who are 13 years or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can call us at (888) 530-1066 or email us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected the information of a child under 13, we will delete such information from our records.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as needed, or permitted, based on the reason why we obtained it (consistent with applicable law). When deciding how long to keep your information, we consider whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g., any laws that require us to keep records for a certain period of time before we can delete them) or whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g., issued any legal holds or otherwise need to preserve the information). From time to time, we may also deidentify your Personal Information, retain it and use it in compliance with applicable laws.
We will continue to review and revise our privacy practices and policies as our technology, services, and use of data evolves. We will not retroactively use or share data in a manner that is materially different from this policy without first providing you notice. This Notice is reviewed and updated annually and we will use reasonable means to inform you of any changes.
If you are a California resident, you may have rights to the information we collect that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”).
We do not sell dental products or provide services directly to patients. Instead, we receive patient data directly from dental providers in the course of providing our products and services to the dental providers. To the extent you are a dental patient and we received your information from your dental provider, you do not currently have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CCPA”). Your dental provider may be required to provide you certain privacy rights under federal and state law. If you would like a copy of your privacy rights under federal and state law, please contact your dental provider directly.
To the extent you are a resident of California who is not a dental patient, you may have the following rights:
Right to Request More Information
You may have the right to request information about how we have processed your Personal Information, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
- he specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collected about you. Not all requests to delete can be fulfilled. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide a response explaining why your data cannot be deleted.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales/Sharing
California residents may have the right to opt-out of “sales” or “sharing” of their Personal Information under the CCPA. CCPA defines a “sale” as disclosing or making Personal Information available to a third-party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. CCPA also defines “sharing” as disclosing or making available Personal Information to a third party for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. While we do not disclose Personal Information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may “sell” or “share” (as defined by the CCPA) Personal Information, such as identifiers and internet and electronic network activity information to third-party ad networks. We do so in order to improve and evaluate our advertising campaigns and better reach customers and prospective customers with more relevant ads and content.
To opt out of the sharing or sale of Personal Information collected through advertising cookies, please click on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” Link on the bottom of the website homepage. Please note that submitting an opt out request will only opt you out of disclosures that are considered “sales” or “sharing” under the CCPA, but it will not opt out of other disclosures, such as to our service providers.
You may also opt-out of “sales” and “sharing” of your Personal Information through the use of an opt-out preference signal. If our website detects that your browser or device is transmitting an opt-out preference signal, such as the “global privacy control” or “GPC” signal, we will opt that browser or device out of cookies on our website that result in a “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information. Please note, if you come to our website from a different device or a different browser on the same device, you will need to opt out, or use an opt-out preference signal, for that browser and/or device as well.
We do not sell or share sensitive Personal Information, nor do we sell or share any Personal Information about individuals who we know are under sixteen (16) years old. We do not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for any purpose that would require us to provide you with a right to limit the use of your sensitive Personal Information under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
Exercising Your Rights
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please use one of the following methods:
Submit a data privacy request online
Before we can respond to your request, we must first verify your identity using your Personal Information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
Response Timing and Format
We will endeavor to respond to your request within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days total), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If we cannot respond to your request, either fully or partially, we will also explain our reasons. For data access requests, we will deliver the data in a readily, useable format. Where permitted under the CCPA, we may charge you a reasonable fee to process your request.
Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”) using our web form. To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your information or your rights, please contact us at 1-888-530-1066 or submit a data privacy request online.